1. PERSONAL INFORMATION (complete update 2015, currently under revision)
Name: Tony Gorschek
Birth Date: 1973
Place of Birth: Kristianstad, Sweden
Phone: +46 (0) 708-254 692
FOR FULL PUBLICATION LIST: Publications
Dr. Tony Gorschek is a Professor of Software Engineering at Blekinge Institute of Technology (Sweden) and part time at Chalmers University. He has over fifteen years of industrial experience as a CTO, senior executive consultant and engineer, but also as chief architect and product manager. In addition, he has built up six startups in fields ranging from logistics to Internet based services and algorithmic stock trading. Currently he manages his own consultancy company, works as a CTO, and serves on several boards in companies developing cutting edge technology and products. His research interests include empirical software engineering, requirements engineering, technology and product management, process assessment and improvement, quality assurance, and practical innovation. A clear theme in Dr. Gorschek’s research is the focus on applied research, where the challenges are based on real industrial needs, and where solutions are developed to address these needs. Most importantly is that research success is measured not only in scientific publications, but more relevant in usability and usefulness of research result in industry through the measurement of efficiency and effectiveness and return on investment.
“Our work at the Software Engineering Research Lab Sweden (SERL) is ranked number six in the world. This is due to the fact that we base research challenges on real industrial problems, but also test our solutions in reality, gauging efficiency, effectiveness, and scalability. In SERL we work in industry – for industry – bridging the gap between theory and practice”. Tony Gorschek
2.1. COMPLETED DEGREES
(2006) PhD in Software Engineering at Blekinge Institute of Technology, Ronneby, Sweden.
Title of thesis: “Requirements Engineering Supporting Technical Product Management”. Research and work performed in cooperation with Danaher Motion Särö AB, ABB Robotics, ABB Substation Automation and ABB Corporate Research. Advisor: Prof. Claes Wohlin.
(2006) Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at Blekinge Institute of Technology, Ronneby, Sweden (in parallel with my PhD studies).
Title of thesis: “Success Evaluation and Measures in Software Process Improvement”. Research and work performed in cooperation with Danaher Motion Särö AB, ABB Robotics and ABB Corporate Research. Advisor: Prof. Lars Svensson.
(2004) Licentiate in Software Engineering at Blekinge Institute of Technology
Title of thesis: “Software Process Assessment and Improvement in Industrial Requirements Engineering”. Research and work performed in cooperation with Danaher Motion Särö AB and ABB Robotics. Advisor: Prof. Claes Wohlin.
(2002) Master of Science in Computer Science at Blekinge Institute of Technology.
Title of thesis: “Requirements Engineering Process Maturity Model”. Research and work performed on-site in cooperation with SchlumbergerSema, IM International, Lecan Technologies (Ireland) and Wistech (Ireland). Advisor: Prof. Rune Gustavsson.
3. WORK EXPERIENCE
3.1. CURRENT EMPLOYMENT
(2011-ongoing) Professor of Software Engineering, Blekinge Institute of Technology.
(2007-2018) Researcher, Chalmers Institute of Technology (25 % full time).
(2006-ongoing) Senior Executive Consultant, docEngineering.
3.2. PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT (SELECTION ONLY)
(2013-2016) Product Manager, Qtema AB.
(2009-2012) Chief Technical Officer, Qjuube.
(2007-2013) Senor researcher, Ulm University/Daimler AG.
(2008-2011) Associate Professor, Blekinge Institute of Technology.
(2007-2008) Assistant Professor, Blekinge Institute of Technology.
(2006-2008) Chief Technical Officer, Spidexa Technologies AB.
Responsible for the entire development effort including recruitment of developers, product concept development, system analysis, design and architecture (9 employees).
(2006-2007) Research Associate, Blekinge Institute of Technology.
Research performed in close collaboration with ABB Corporate Research and DanaherMotion. Mainly in the areas of market-driven requirements engineering, technical product management and quality assurance. This involves process evaluation (identifying possibilities for improvement) and process improvement implementation activities (based on research results).
(2002 – 2006) PhD Student, Blekinge Institute of Technology.
Worked in close cooperation (partly on-site) with DanaherMotion and ABB Robotics, and ABB Corporate Research performing research but also implementing process improvement initiatives. The main research results have been adopted by the organizations, and further implementation is planned.
(2004) Consultant Project Manager (Development), Danaher Motion Särö AB.
Requirements Engineering, Analysis and Design of System Configuration Tools.
(2002) Consultant – Technical Advisor, 4Sight Investment AB.
Investigation and technical advising of board members and CEO.
(2002) Consultant – Project Evaluation, Blizzway Solutions AB.
Investment analysis, project post-mortem, strategy planning for further development/integration in cooperation with third party organizations in India.
(2001-2002) Chief Technical Officer, Bid-Commerce.
Conception and realization of the product development phase of Bid-Commerce. Technically responsible for the development effort and managed the development performed by third party. Instrumental in negotiations with third party development company, assuring technical aspects, cost and time estimations, and contractual fulfillment.
(2000-2001) Chief Technical Officer and Operations Manager, Jobado AB.
This work was performed partly in parallel with work in Bid-Commerce (same owner group). The work at Jobado mainly involved being technical department head – responsible for personnel issues, budget, development strategy and project management in a department of 20 co-workers. The work offered challenges in many areas such as system development and coordination of work efforts and resources as well as systems engineering. Customer interaction and leading the development was a substantial part in the day-to-day work.
(1999, 2000) Project Manager – Alpha Days. Blekinge Institute of Technology.
Company lesion, budget responsible and official primary organizer for the convention involving guest lecturing, experimentation and interchange – Company partners: IBM, ORACLE, SEMA GROUP, Nortel Networks and WM-Data amongst others. The convention had about 1000 participants.
(1999) Network Technician, Lexicon Sweden AB.
(1999) Consultant – System Design and Development, HälsoInvest Blekinge.
(1999) Teacher’s Assistant, Blekinge Institute of Technology.
(1998) Project Manager ViNET, Blekinge Institute of Technology.
Project Manager for software development.
4. COMMISSIONS OF TRUST AND LEADERSHIP (IN ACADEMIA AND INDUSTRY)
(2015-ongoing) Vice Project Manager, ORION research project (KKS), partnership BTH, SICS, MdH 2015-2018.
(2015-ongoing) Projectmanager BTH node, PROMPT project (BTH, MdH, Chalmers, SICS partnership in advance education spanning 2013-2019).
(2014-ongoing) Leader/Project manager, PLEng research school (12 PhD students spanning 8y).
(2012-ongoing) Board member SARE- Swedish Association for Requirements Engineering (www.sare.se).
(2014-ongoing) Project manager research project TELENOR/BTH Agile trade-off model.
(2015-ongoing) Project manager ERSAK research project TRV/BTH.
(2013-ongoing) Coordinating Editor – Empirical Software Engineering journal, Springer.
(2013-2016) Board member University Board Blekinge Institute of Technology.
(2011-2013) Board member Sigrun – Software Innovation and Engineering Institute (www.sigrun.se).
(2011-2013) Board member ESWERC – Ericsson Software Engineering Research Center.
(2011-2013) Area Manager BESQ+ for Business Value: Software Value and Innovation (Ind. Part.: IBM, Ericsson, Qtema – Research Team: 3 post-doc).
(2010-2016) Board member Qtema AB (expert consultancy company in Requirements Engineering and Verification and Validation).
(2009-2012) Sub-project responsible for BTH, Vinnova EASE: The Industrial Excellence Centre for Embedded Applications Software Engineering, Subproject D (joint research project LTH-BTH, main supervisor for one PhD student fully funded).
(2009-2014) Chairman of the Swedish Requirements Engineering Research Network (SIREN)(network of 7 universities and 10 companies – joint research initiatives and technology transfer).
(2009-2014) Board member of the International Software Product Management Association (ISPMA) (standardization of curriculum and certification of Product Management Training/Education in Europe), http://certified-spm.org/.
(2009-2011) KKS ProVision (research school with approx. 40 PhD students planned for 2010-2018.):
– (2009-2011) Director of the Provision Research School
– (2010) Member of application task force
– (2010-2011) Member of the ProVision steering group.
(2009-2013) Board member Nordic Entrepreneurial Technology Invest AB (seed capital investment and start-up development).
(2006-2008) Chairman of the board Spidexa Technologies AB.
(2005-2006) Board member University Board Blekinge Institute of Technology.
(2005-2007) Board member Research Ethics Committee Southeast.
(2004-2005) Chairman of the board PhD Section at Blekinge Institute of Technology.
(2004-2005) Board member Faculty Board at Blekinge Institute of Technology.
(2003-2004) Board member PhD Section at Blekinge Institute of Technology.
(2001-2004) Chairman Soft Center Film Society.
(2001-2002) Board member Blizzway Solutions AB.
(2001-2002) Board technical advisor Jobado AB.
(1998-1999) Board member Blekinge Guild of Commerce.
(1998-1999) Board member, business lesion and sponsor responsible ARON.
5. SCIENTIFIC ACCOMPLISHMENTS
5.1. EDITORIAL, COMMITTEES AND REFEREEING
- Coordinating Editor Empirical Software Engineering Journal – EMSE, Springer (2012 – ongoing).
- Engineering and Managing Software Requirements, edited by A. Aurum and C. Wohlin, Springer Verlag, 2005.
JOURNALS (invited reviews, >80 total)
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering – IEEE.
- Journal of Systems and Software – Elsevier.
- Journal of Software: Evolution and Process – Wiley.
- Information and Software Technology – Elsevier.
- Software Quality Journal – Springer.
- Empirical Software Engineering – Springer.
- Requirements Engineering journal – Springer.
- IEEE Software – IEEE.
- International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering – World Scientific.
- Software Process: Improvement and Practice – Wiley.
- Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution – Research and Practice – Wiley.
- Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems – Association of Information Systems.
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE WORK
- OC of RE’14 – 22nd IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference, Karlskrona Sweden, 2014.
- PC Chair of RE’12 – Industry and Experience Track. 20th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference, Chicago USA 2012.
- Chair International Doctoral Symposium on Empirical Software Engineering (IDoESE’12) co-located with EASE 2012.
- Program Board of RE’11 – Industry and Experience Track. 19th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference, Trento, Italy 2011.
- International Working Conference on Requirements Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality (REFSQ), Doctoral symposium, 2011.
- 4th International Workshop on Software Product Management (IWSPM’09) in conjunction with RE’10 2010. (PC and Advisory board).
- 3rd International Workshop on Software Product Management (IWSPM’09) in conjunction with RE’09 2009. (PC Chair and co-organizer).
- Eight Conference on Software Engineering Research and Practice in Sweden (SERPS’08) (PC Chair).
- European Systems and Software Process Improvement and Innovation Conference 2008 (EuroSPI). (Developed and held Tutorial on Global Software Engineering with Darja Smite, title: ) “Global Software Engineering: Types of Arrangements and Known Patterns”).
- Global Requirements Engineering Workshop 2007 (GREW 2007) in conjunction with ICGSE 2007. (OC Chair and originator).
PROGRAM COMMITTEE WORK (selection presented – reviews/PC work)
- PC member ESEC/FSE2017 – EUROPEAN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING CONFERENCE AND THE ACM SIGSOFT SYMPOSIUM ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERING.
- PC member ICSE 2014 – 36th International Conference on Software Engineering, Hyderabad India, 2014.
- PC member of ICSE 2013 (SEIP) – 35th International Conference on Software Engineering, San Francisco USA 2013.
- PC member EASE International Conference on Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering (2012 and 2013).
- International Requirements Engineering Efficiency Workshop (REEW) (at REFSQ)(2011, 2012).
- International Conference on Software Business (ICSOB) (2010, 2011)
- Special Session on Measurement as a Strategy for Software Value Management (MeSVAM) at 37th EUROMICRO Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA 2011), Oulu, Finland.
- The 4th Software Quality Days (SWQD) conference, 2011, Vienna, Austria.
- EmpiRE’11, International Workshop on Empirical Requirements Engineering, collocated at 19th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference, Trento, Italy 2011.
- 21st IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, 2010.
- International Working Conference on Requirements Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality (REFSQ) (2003, 2005, 2007-2011).
- 2nd International Conference on Software Business (ICSOB), 2010.
- SQS Nordic, Software and Systems Quality Conference, Sweden 2010.
- International Workshop on Software Ecosystems, held in conjunction with the 11th International Conference on Software Reuse 2009.
- PC member International Workshop on Software Economics and Management held in conjunction with the 7th joint meeting of the European Software Engineering Conference (ESEC) and the ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE) 2009.
- PC member 7th joint meeting of the European Software Engineering Conference and the ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC-FSE) 2009.
- PC member International Conference on COMmunication System softWAre and middlewaRE (COMSWARE) 2009.
- PC member International Conference on Software Engineering Approaches For Offshore and Outsourced Development (SEAFOOD) 2009.
- PC member EUROMICRO Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA)(2008, 2009, 2012).
- PC member IEEE International Symposium on Empirical Software Engineering and Measurement (ESEM)(2007, 2008, 2010).
- PC member European Systems & Software Process Improvement and Innovation Conference (EuroSPI) (2006-2010).
EXTERNAL EXAMINER (Funding and PhD Level Defense)
- External reviewer docent application Linné University Växjö 2017.
- External reviewer professorship application Aalto University 2017.
- Grading committee for Chetan Arora PhD, University of Luxembourg, 2016.
- Reviewer Research Council for Natural Sciences and Engineering at the Academy of Finland 2016.
- External reviewer professorship application Aalto University 2015.
- Opponent PhD defense Ville T. Heikkilä, Aalto University, 2015.
- Expert judge software engineering and computer science for the Swedish National Agency for Higher Education – review and evaluation of all Swedish master level educations, 2012/13.
- Thesis committee for Chetan Arora, supervised by Lionel Briand, University of Luxembourg, 2012 and ongoing.
- Grading committee for Andrey Maglyas’ thesis “Overcoming the complexity of software product management”, Lappeenranta University of Technology Finland, 2013.
- Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR) project expert evaluator (AFR funding program “Aides à la Formation-Recherche”), 2010.
- Examination Committee/external evaluator, PhD defense of JK Balikuddembe, University of Cape Town, 2009. Thesis title: “Managing Economic Value and Uncertainty on Software Projects: An empirical study using the CASSE Framework”.
- Examination Committee/external evaluator, PhD defense of Jayakanth “JK” Srinivasan, Mälardalen University, 2009. Thesis title: “Exploring The Sources of Enterprise Agility in Software Organizations”.
- Faculty Opponent, PhD Defense of Markus Lindgren, Mälardalen University, 2008. Thesis title: “Towards a Capability Model for Release Planning of Software Intensive Systems”.
- Deputy in Examination Committee, PhD Defense of Sophie Hallstedt, Blekinge Institute of Technology, 2008. Thesis title: “A foundation for Sustainable Product Development”.
- Faculty Opponent, Licentiate Defense of Rudiger Lincke, Växjö University, 2007. Thesis title: “Validation of a Standard- and Metric-Based Software Quality Model”.
- Faculty Pre-defense review committee invited, Dissertation of Stig Larsson, Mälardalen University, 2007. Thesis proposal title: “Key Elements of the Product Integration Process”.
5.2. ACADEMIC RESEARCH COLLABORATIONS (EXAMPLES)
- BTH subproject responsible and vice project manager EASE – The Industrial Excellence Centre for Embedded Applications Software Engineering (joint collaboration BTH and Lund University and industry partners, main supervisor of one PhD student), Ongoing.
- Dr. Sjaak Brinkkemper, Utrecht University, co-member of the ISPMA board.
- Collaboration on development of research agendas, joint PhD courses, Mälardalen University, Ongoing.
- Supervision and mentorship of Stefan Schneider, Daimler AG, Group Research & Advanced Engineering Software Technology Department Software Processes and Quality, main collaboration with Prof. Schweiggert,University of Ulm, Germany.
- Active collaboration with Department of Informatics at University of Zurich, joint industry research with Dr. Samuel Fricker and Prof. Martin Glintz, Ongoing.
- Active collaboration with Lund University, Faculty of Engineering, Joint industry collaboration, joint studies on Quality aspects and non-functional aspects on software development and engineering together with e.g. Richard Berntsson-Svensson, Prof. Björn Regnell, Ongoing.
- Active collaboration with Assc. Prof. Lefteris Angelis, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Assc. Prof. Ewan Tempero, The University of Auckland, joint large-scale empirical studies, Ongoing.
- Supervisor PhD student in Software Engineering at Chalmers, 2009 and ongoing.
- Invited to hold guest lecture series at FREE UNIVERSITY OF BOZEN – BOLZANO, 2006.
- Invited to hold guest lectures in Product Management, Chalmers Gothenburg, 2006.
- Member of SiREN (Swedish Requirements Engineering Research Network) since 2003.
- Member of IEEE since 2002, Member of ACM since 2006.
- Performed studies and authored papers in collaboration with researchers from Swedish universities (Linköping University and Umeå University), 2005 and ongoing (3 paper co-authored thus far).
- Cooperation with Alan Davis from University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, co-authored 2 papers thus far.
- Cooperation Dr. Aybüke Aurum (Associate Professor), University of New South Wales, Australia and Prof. Dr. Barbara Paech University of Heidelberg on GSE, 2010 and ongoing.
5.3. RESEARCH COLLABORATIONS WITH INDUSTRY
RESEARCH PARTNERS (RESEARCH CO-PRODUCTION AND TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER TO)
- Trafikverket 2014 and ongoing.
- Telenor 2013 and ongoing.
- Swedbank 2017 and ongoing.
- Spotify 2017 and ongoing.
- Volvo PV, 2006 and ongoing.
- IBM Sweden, 2010 and ongoing.
- Tolpagorni Product Management, 2009 and ongoing.
- Axis Communications, 2011 – 2015.
- Sony Mobile, 2012 – 2015.
- Daimler AG, Germany, 2009 and onging.
- Ericsson AB, 2007 and ongoing.
- Qtema, 2009 – 2016.
- ABB Corporate Research (Sweden and Switzerland) 2004 – 2011.
- ABB Power Technology Products, 2005 – 2010.
- ABB Robotics 2003 – 2009.
- Öresundskraft, 2008-2009.
- DanaherMotion Särö AB, 2002-2008.
- Volvo Technology (Corporation) (VTEC), 2006-2010.
- Saab Automobile AB, 2007.
KEY NOTES/SEMINARS/TRAINING (EXAMPLES)
- Keynote Upfrontthinking conference, Zurich 2017.
- Keynote Future of Testing, NFI Stockholm 2016.
- Keynote Future of SW, 2017, Stockholm, 450 participants.
- Keynote NFI Maintenance conference, Stockholm 2016, 380 participants.
- Keynote IEEE Requirements Engineering conference, Karlskrona 2014.
- Keynote Product Management Day 2013, Stockholm, http://produktledardagen.se/
- Ericsson AB keynote on “Software Value”, Stockholm, 2011.
- Produktledardagen” 2011, Stockholm, http://produktledardagen.se/
- Keynote at Swiss Association for Quality (SAQ) yearly Requirements Engineering Forum, 2010.
- Developed a SCRUM master course, Contribe, 2010.
- Keynote at IBM seminar on Effective Product Management, 2010.
- Ericsson Software Research Day, poster, 2010.
- Keynote at Swiss Association for Quality (SAQ) yearly Testers Forum, 2010.
- Daimler AG, Germany, 2009 and 2010.
- Volvo PV, 2009 and 2010.
- Guest lecturer SAST – Swedish Association for Software Testing 2007 and 2008.
- Öresundskraft, 2008.
- SWEDSOFT, 2008, 2009.
- SIREN, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
- ABB Power Technology Products, 2007, 2008, 2009.
- ABB Corporate Headquarters, Switzerland, 2007, 2008.
- GI-REFPL: Requirements Engineering (Frameworks) for Product Lines Working Group, Switzerland, 2007.
- Saab Automobile AB, 2006.
- Infotiv AB, 2006.
- Radiometer Copenhagen, 2005.
- Carmen Systems Gothenburg, 2005.
- ITT Flygt Emmaboda, 2005.
- Volvo IT Gothenburg, 2004.
- Vinnova (evaluations and presentations of promising researchers), 2005 and 2006.
- Industrial Mathematics Ltd., 2003 and 2004.
- IVT INDUSTRIER AB, 2004.
- SchlumbergerSema, 2002.
- ABB Robotics, regularly from 2003 and ongoing.
- ABB Corporate, regularly from 2004 and ongoing.
5.4. RESEARCH AWARDS, GRANTS AND APPLICATIONS
- PLEng 2.0 research school, KKS, 2018-2022 (26MSEK) (pending final approval)
- Co-applicant SIDUS KKS, ORION project, 2015-2020 (30MSEK)
- Co-applicant MaPSORCE KKS project, 2013-2017 (12MSEK)
- Direct personal Trafikverket Research Grant, 2015-2018 (3MSEK).
- Direct personal industry research grant, Telenor, 2015-2019 (4MSEK).
- PROMPT node responsible and co-applicant (30MSEK).
- Awarded Researcher of the year 2011, BTH.
- “BESQ+” co-applicant, subproject responsible, KKS excellence center, 2010 (approved) (17.5MSEK).
- KKS ProVision 2010 (approved round one) (2MSEK).
- Awarded Ericsson Research Grant, SVA Project from Ericsson research steering group. Senior research funding and PhD student funding for 2 years with possible extension, 2009-2011.
- Awarded Internationalization Grant, Blekinge Institute of Technology, 2008.
- Awarded special individual research grant, direct industry funding, ABB CRC and DHR ( 100% research funding 2006-2008), 2006 (3MSEK).
- Participated in and won the SiREN Experiment and Study Contest in 2004. Allowing the winner to get the submitted experiment replicated at 8 Universities in Sweden.
- Student of the Year Award, Blekinge Institute of Technology, 2000.
6. PEDAGOGICAL/SUPERVISION EXPERIENCE
- Project leader for Professional Master of Software Engineering program, 2013-ongoing.
- Developed and given 5 courses on advanced level (PhD courses).
- Mentor 3 seniors (PD level) 2013-ongoing.
- PhD Student Advisor (currently total 4 PhD students (of which 3 not on faculty funding), progress total: 7 finished PhD, 2 licentiate), 2006 – ongoing.
- Invited supervisor Ulm University main supervisor PhD student at Daimler AG R&D, 2008-2012, finished PhD w. honors.
- VBMA task force (Strategic quality improvement and assurance project for master thesis education excellence), 2009 – 2014
- Course responsible and examiner for all Software Engineering Master thesis at BTH, 2009 – 2012.
- Guest lecturer Chalmers University of Technology, 2006 – ongoing
- Completed course in Research Supervision, FLUS (Forskarhandledarutveckling SydOst), 2008.
- Voted Teacher of the Year 2006 by Blekinge Student Union, BTH.
- Nominated Teacher of the Year 2005, 2007-2010.
- Course responsible/examiner on Bachelor, Master and PhD level.
- Development of courses on Bachelor, Master and PhD level.
- Thesis advisor / Advanced topic advisor.
- Head of Department for large student team projects (course/project supervision).
- Published papers on pedagogical development.
- Advanced courses in pedagogy (FEA018) (15 ECTS credits), 2006.
6.1. SUPERVISION (PHD LEVEL)
(2009 and 2014) Supervisor for PhD Student Michael Unterkalmsteiner. (Subject area: Software Engineering, Research focus on co-optimization and alignment of RE and V&V).
(2009 and 2013) Supervisor for PhD Student Stefan Schneider (at Daimler AG Ulm) (Subject area: Software Engineering, Global Software Engineering).
(2006 to 2010) Main Supervisor for PhD Student Martin Ivarsson (at Chalmers University of Technology). (Thesis title: “Experience driven software process assessment and improvement”, Subject area: Software Engineering, Research conducted in cooperation and collaboration with Volvo Technology). — ‘Finished, Defended Thesis in 2010.
(2006 to 2011) Supervisor for PhD Student Mahvish Khurum (Thesis title: “Decision Support for Product Management of Software Intensive Products”, Subject area: Strategic Software Engineering, Research conducted in cooperation and collaboration with Ericsson.) — ‘Finished, Defended Thesis in 2011.
(2009 to 2013) Supervisor for PhD Student Joakim Pernstål (at Chalmers University of Technology and Volvo Car Corporation). (Thesis title: “Towards Managing the Interaction between Manufacturing and Development Organizations in Automotive Software Development”, Subject area: Software Engineering, Industrial PhD student at Volvo Car Corporation). — ‘Finished, Defended Thesis in 2013.
(2014-ongoing) Supervisor for PhD Student Eriks Klotins
(Subject area: Software Engineering in Start-ups.)
Defended Licentiate Thesis in 2016.
(2006-2010) Supervisor for PhD Student Nina Fogelström
(Subject area: Software Engineering, Research conducted in cooperation and collaboration with Ericsson.)
Defended Licentiate Thesis in 2010.
PRE-LICENTIATE (OR N/A)
(2015 and ongoing) Supervisor for PhD Student Raquel Ouriques (Subject area: Engineering SW using agile)
(2016 and ongoing) Supervisor for PhD Student Magnus Wilson (Subject area: Software Engineering, Business modelling decision support for SW intensive products.)
(2013 and ongoing) Supervisor for PhD Student Deepika Badampudi (Subject area: Software Engineering, Component based development.)
(2009 and ongoing) Member of supervisory panel for PhD Student Yu-Cheng Tu at The University of Auckland (Subject area: Software Engineering, Requirements Engineering).
6.2. COURSE DEVELOPMENT, RESPONSIBLE EXAMINER, PRINCIPLE LECTURER
(Note: Planned, created, developed most course material, gave most lectures and examined all courses in this category)
(2016-ongoing) Advanced level Value based Software Engineering course.
(2010) Professional (cert.) SCRUM master course.
(Development, Management and Examination – industry course).
(2009-2014) Master’s Thesis Course in Software Engineering (PA2403, PA2503) – Master level (30 ECTS credits)
(Development, Management and Examination)(Introduction of peer-review process, shadow supervision between universities, advanced level defense, quality assurance process, and rubric based grading to assure homogenous judgments and quality standards)(publication in IEEE Transactions on Education pending). This work is equivalent to 30% of full time work.
(2009-2012) System and Software Configuration Management – PhD level (7.5 ECTS credits)
(Developed, held, examined and managed the course)
(2009) Technology Product Management – PhD level (7.5 ECTS credits)
(Developed, held, examined, and managed the course)
(2006-ongoing) Scientific Review Course – PhD level (3 ECTS credits)
(Developed, held, examined, and managed the course)
(2009-ongoing) Research packaging and Technology transfer – PhD level (3 ECTS credits)
(Developed, held, examined, and managed the course)
(2008-2016) Large-Scale Requirements Engineering – Master level (PA2417) (7.5 ECTS credits)
(2007) Requirements Analysis – Bachelor level (7.5 ECTS credits)
(Developed, held, examined, and managed the course for Kalmar University)
(2004, 2006, 2008) System Configuration Management – Bachelor level (PAC007) (7.5 ECTS credits)
(Developed, held, examined, and managed the course)
6.3. COURSE CO-DEVELOPMENT, CO-EXAMINER, CO-LECTURER
(Note: Planned, created, developed course material, gave lectures and graded in equal partnership with one other person)
(2014-ongoing) Advanced level course Agile and Lean.
(2010-2014) Requirements Engineering – Master level (DAT230)
(Developed for Chalmers. Shared responsibility for lecturing and course development)
(2008-2010) Software Product Line Engineering – Master level (DAT165) (7.5 ECTS credits)
(Developed for Chalmers. Shared responsibility for lecturing, grading and course development)
(2003-2008) Requirements Engineering – Master level (PAD001) (7.5 ECTS credits)
(Shared responsibility for lecturing, examination and course development)
(2009) Practical Requirements Engineering – Bachelor level (PA1310) (7.5 ECTS credits)
(Shared responsibility for lecturing, examination and course development)
6.4. LECTURER (OTHER COURSES)
(2006-2011) Research Methodology
(Guest lecturer in the area of how to conduct research in close cooperation with industry, and how technology and knowledge transfer is achieved from academia to industry)
(2006) Invited Guest Lecturer holding lecture series on Product Management and Market-driven Requirements Engineering at University of Bozen – Bolzano, Italy.
(2004-2009) Verification and Validation (PAD002, 012, 017) (7.5 ECTS credits)
(Guest lecturer, development of assignments, development and realization of workshops)
(2004-2006) Project Course InfoCom (PAB008) (15 ECTS credits)
(Guest lecturer in Project Management and Configuration Management)
(2004-2008) Team Project Course (PAB005) (15 ECTS credits)
(Guest lecturer in Project Management and Configuration Management)
(2000) Web Technologies (DPT208) (7.5 ECTS credits)
(Lecturer in XML, PHP, Java, Exercise leader and examiner)
(1998-2000) System Hardware Configuration (Theme lecture, Alpha Days)
(Server technology, distributed hardware issues, general hardware technology for PC/UNIX systems)
6.5. ADVISOR (BACHELOR AND MASTER LEVEL)
(2017) Master Thesis in Software Engineering (30 ECTS credits) (2 Thesis onging)
(2016) Master Thesis in Software Engineering (30 ECTS credits) (2 Thesis completed)
(2015) Master Thesis in Software Engineering (30 ECTS credits) (2 Thesis completed)
(2014) Master Thesis in Software Engineering (30 ECTS credits) (1 Thesis completed)
(2013) Master Thesis in Software Engineering (30 ECTS credits) (2 Thesis completed)
(2012) Master Thesis in Software Engineering (PAD009) (30 ECTS credits) (3 Thesis completed)
(2011) Master Thesis in Software Engineering (PAD009) (30 ECTS credits) (2 Thesis completed)
(2010) Master Thesis in Software Engineering (PAD009) (30 ECTS credits) (2 Thesis completed)
(2009) Master Thesis in Software Engineering (PAD009) (30 ECTS credits) (3 Thesis completed)
(2008) Master Thesis in Software Engineering (PAD009) (30 ECTS credits) (4 Thesis completed)
(2007) Master Thesis in Software Engineering (PAD009) (30 ECTS credits) (3 Thesis / Groups completed)
(2006-2007) Master Thesis in Software Engineering (PAD009) (30 ECTS credits) (3 Thesis / Groups Completed)
(xxxx-xxxx) Bachelor Thesis in Computer Science (DVC001) (15 ECTS credits) (4 Thesis/Groups supervised with completed results)
(2004-2006) Head of Department (supervisor for a project during 20 weeks) (2 groups supervised in 2004 and 3 in 2005, all successfully completing their commitments)
(2004-2007) Advanced Topic in Software Engineering (PAD004)(7.5 ECTS credits) (Supervision of a “mini-thesis” often used as a preparation to Master Thesis work)(6 groups supervised).